Tuesday 5 April 2011

I AM TOUCHED.......

Gone are my schooldays and my college years, where we used to bunk classes, have serious "silly" discussions about LIFE and most of all, the familiar faces are gone. Now I see them in Orkut or Facebook(I don't have a facebook account!!!!  :O ). But most of all, I feel angry with myself for making all those promises about "keeping in touch" and "won't ever forget u dah-ling" stuffs!

Basically, I am a person, who doesn't pick up the phone too often to call and check on the other side as to what is happening, I don't even log into my orkut that much!!!! I know, that its a sin not to do these things, in these times, when communication is so easy!!!!

Yesterday two of my friends, from college called me up all the way from Punjab to tell me that they have joined their respective PG courses(by the way am a doc, who is sitting at home and preparing for pg. Before you judge me as to why I didn't get through......well, I did, its just that I did not get the speciality that I wanted, so I will be repeating.......whew......that was long :D ). One was a gal who lived straight across the hall from my room in my hostel days and many a times I have gone into her room to gorge myself on some yummy stuff  that she always has with her!!! I was great friends with her.  Another person who called me was kind of like a "glue"  who kept things very much in place for me. He was one of those people who would say things to your face whether you like it or not.......being the straight forward person that I am, I used to love it!

Well, I failed...........I failed to keep in touch, make pleasantries or even create a facebook page!!!!!



YUP, thats rt for me WTF means what the F***.......... :D. To be honest, I had an account and I deleted it 'coz i am technologically challenged. I found it too cumbersome to use!!!!

Anyway, I know, I have lost contact with a lot of people who meant a lot to me during my growing up years and I sincerely vow to mend that. Sometimes I feel jealous of my husband who calls up to talk to his 9th standard friend who is living in some corner of the world! Jealous would be too harsh a word...... I ENVY people like him, for them its just too easy to call, make sure that the other person is OK.

I am touched that these people still remember me even when I forgot them and took time out to call me and fill me in on what is happening in their lives......So, I am taking a vow, from now on I am not going to sit idly around and let all my friends slip away and I am not going to feel envious anymore......


I promise to be surrounded by the people who love me and whom I love the most 'coz they don't come that often......

Any of you share the same feelings..........are u like me.........plzzzzzz do console me by saying that this has happened to u too ;) and ofcourse any tips are welcome as to how to keep relationships alive.....

7 comments:

Rentu said...

i can releate to this

Rentu said...

i can releate to this

Zestful Uzma said...

Anju, it happens with me too, I mean my Fiance speaks to his childhood friend & I always forget to chat or catch up with friends but my sweet childhood friends keep calling me up & stay in touch with me, I should also mend my ways :)

lifeontherocks said...

@rentu:-thanks so much for understanding and yup being a follower. :)

@uma:-i am happy to know that there r ppl like me out there, who don't keep in touch, but r still blessed with great friends, its time that we stop taking things for granted and show them some love back :).thanks for following

Unknown said...

nice write up anju..

Natasha said...

I can completely relate to ur post..It has happened to me too ..Guess its just easier for guys to pik up the phone and call and talk as if they never went out of touch..we women are a lil more complicated than that I guess..Good post!

Gowthami Nandigala said...

nice read..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...