Tuesday 12 April 2011

I was a weirdo!!!!

As a child, at times I was pretty weird.I was cleaning up my room today and I came up with a bunch of greeting cards that I had bought for "myself"(yup, u heard me) when I was 10 yrs old or something...



I had this *thing*  for archies and hallmark cards. At first I started to collect them and then it became an obsession and whenever I saw a new greeting card at the store I had to have it!!! especially the "birthday cards". I still remember pining over a card that had music in it. I still have it with me but it just doesn't play anymore. I stole money from my dad to purchase that!!!! :O well........he never found out........so, I guess its ok........ :D



My mom was a regular nancy drew and she had this penchant to sniff up stuff......but I was much much more cleve"rer".....I knew that she might eventually find out about the cards and then ask me about it.....so, I made this ingenious plan, I took every single card that I bought and started writing inside it in different handwritings(mind u....i was really shrewd even when I was 10!!!) and made all of it out to me from different friends. Ofcourse my mom was suspicious 'coz some of those names she hadn't even heard me mention( when you are in 5th std your mom knows all your friends rt)....anyway, even if she did think otherwise..she never questioned me......

That was a weird thing that I used to do and today when I saw my secret stash of "bday cards" I felt like laughing.....Anyway it kept me happy when I was a kid...so I don't think its THAT weird...right......



Any of you got any weird stories to share.....

6 comments:

Chandana said...

Haha.. that is very smart.. not weird!

Segments of Life said...

LOL that's cute. :) and it's not that weird...we all collected weird things at some time or another. For me, it was scented candles! Now that I think of it, I still do it :P

Natasha said...

Wow!!That was smart and cute :) I remember me 'stealing' change from dad :p Thing we do when we were kids..:P

lifeontherocks said...

@everyone:-thanks ladies for loving the post :)

Anonymous said...

I remember doing something similar like posting myself big packets of stickers and I'm sure I wrote cards out to myself. It's all about being creative isn't it?

Gowthami Nandigala said...

ha ha u r really clever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...