Friday 29 April 2011

WAKE UP AMMU!!!!

Well, that is not my real name....but that is what my husband likes to call me. Ok...I am not bragging....I am the youngest of two daughters, I come from an affluent family in kerala, our(my dad's) social & financial circle is really huge! I have 2 servants at home to do everything at my beck and call. I have four cars and definitely driver to drive me around. But I fell in love with a man who doesn't have all this.......but hey he is in the navy......we knew each other for 5 yrs before we tied the knot. Eventhough I had all the "big stuff" at home...I am thankful to my dad for keeping me and my sis grounded. My dad was not born into money and he made it on his own and he knows the value, so he showed us to treat everyone with respect and told us that the "servants" were people who are here to keep our lives more easier....and that they are not lesser human beings. I am thankful to him for that.


But, when I got married.......it was a different ballgame all together. My hubby is a great guy, has a great job, but he doesn't have the "affluent" family like mine...so he is pretty much grounded. He knows his way around things. I am a doc by profession. After I got married I was sent away to Mumbai(my hubby is in the navy and he is posted there) and frankly I was the ranbir and him......konkona sen.....he taught me the "basic" life from scratch.....I didn't know how to buy grocery, I couldn't cook a decent meal, and I certaily had not grown up without a mansion, servants,money(at my beck and call) and most of all transportation!!!(am being honest here....so dont judge me). So, for those who has seen the movie "wake up sid".....they surely can relate to this post......am sure.......am gonna attach a youtube video at the end and reverse the roles plz (am ranbir and my hubby is konkona). Am thankful to have him in my life........he is my pillar....he is the one I turn to when I need a dose of reality shot!!!!

It was my decision to remain at home and do nothing('coz after 5 yrs of MBBS you kinda get tired.....but hey now am back at kerala and I have joined my pg entrance coaching classes!!) and wanted to enjoy life. I was bored in Mumbai when he left for his job and I was left alone......Thats how I started my blog......wwww.indianmakeupways.com(i was ashamed to start it........its a beauty blog and am a doctor for gods sake!!!! PPL may not take me seriously).He gave me full support, when you read the very first posts, u will know, how very vulnerable and naive a blogger I was. The 2 bloggers who gave me strength where anamika(wise she) and rashmi(indyabeauty) and most of all my husband.

He showed me how to live life, how to catch a bus or train, to learn to cook, and also to pursue my "side passion" or alter ego "indianmakeupways". I love u so much. Our anniversary is on 10th of may and I am so blessed to have you in my life........




So, above, thats my wake up (sid) Ammu moment, and i am adding this video in here.....but plz just reverse the roles in here (konkana-my hubby &ranbir-moi) :D And by the way happy anniversary in advance honey.......love u lots!!!! :)





13 comments:

Rentu said...

hey dear, advance happy wedding anniversary....

Sumitha said...

loved reading ur post.. Advance wishes to u both.. Xoxo

lifeontherocks said...

@rentu&sumitha:-thanks guys, thanks so much!!!! :)

anamika said...

vooooo it is yur first anniversary..:)

congratulations girl:)

and touch wood ..hope your love grows million times more.:)

actually i just watched Prince william wedding and i am kindaa too emotional...:D

have a great great anniv:-
hope u guys will be together this day:)

Natasha said...

aww..loved this post..Happy anniversary :)

UB said...

This post comes straight from the heart. Loved it. Happy Anniversary in advance! Hope we will get to see some celebration pics on the blog:) Also, I absolutely love the movie Wake Up Sid. Watched it 8 times!That's how much I love that movie! God bless you two :)

INDYABEAUTY said...

loved reading the post and am so touched ... i can totally relate to this as same is the case with me :D :D
may god bless you n your hubby and you guys have loads of fun time Together ... its so important to value each other and stop running after non-exciting things ....
am glad i have wonderful emotional friend in you :D :D
love
rash

pavani reddy said...

wish u a very happy anniversary anju...n very honest,humble and interesting post..

Jennifer Fabulous said...

What a romantic story! Happy anniversary! And all throughout history, it seems to be a popular trend of pretty rich girls falling in love with the handsome, but less rich, men. ;) I'm in the same boat with my boyfriend! Except my dad isn't supportive. :S

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

awwwwwwwwwww.....happy anniversary...same story as mine...doc girl ,eng guy,,affluent vs no affluent...and am ranbir and he is konkana..;P

Rachit said...

lovely and beautiful :)

Cheers,
Weakest Link

Karishma said...

this is the sweetest post eva... god bless you...

As alive as life said...

Lovvvvd this post!! It's just so 'awwwwwwwww'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...