Saturday 7 May 2011

ANYONE INTO KOREAN & CHINESE MOVIES..........

I am a huge fan of korean & Chinese movies, and not just the "kim-ki-duk" variety.......but most of the korean & Chinese movies in general. I have always thought that they come up with some of the most original plots, the picturisation and the story telling is just amazing! (ya ya I do know there are a lot of teen korean & chinese movies out there and am not talking about them). Recently I saw a movie called "House of flying daggers".Its not a straight out martial arts movie, but a romantic movie with an amazing plot twist. It portrays the story of a blind dancer, who is suspected to be the daughter of a rebel group leader and the officers of the dynasty arrests her. She lost her father and now the "dynasty" thinks there is a new leader amongst the rebels and she is one among them. Two local deputies, devise a plan and tries to play the "good cop", "bad cop" routine. The one who is pretending to be "good" releases her out of prison but is constantly behind her and watching her every move, and mind you, the "good guy" is an outright womaniser and tries to charm our lady protagonist.

To be frank and not to be the one to spoil the plot .........the movie is a tragedy, but in my opinion a beautiful tragedy. I have not seen a movie being played out so tragically romantic at the very end. Please watch to understand........I don't want to give out any more details......

The main plus point of the movie is usage of really vibrant colors, exotic locales, amazing performance, plot twists, some martial art thrown in between and excellent cinematography. Don't worry, the movie comes with subtitles......


Image source:-from google

Atfirst, You wont understand as to what is happening and would feel like stopping the movie.......don't do that........have some patience and watch it till the end......its mind blowing(atleast it was for me :D )

So, here is enclosing a clip, to get you interested into the movie (I am very persuasive huh...... :D).

Just skip to the 10:50 part on the clip that am gonna attach below and you will be amazed......and from then on I am pretty sure you will be hooked to the movie. Anyway, if you do see the movie, leave me some feedback....I love recieving comments and ofcourse, if any of you guys are  foreign "asian" movie freaks like myself........do gimme suggestions, would love to watch new movies and pluz if you would like me to tell you my top 5 "MUST SEE ASIAN MOVIES".....leave that in the comment, I can recommend a few........





2 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

This looks like an amazing film! I have seen a few Chinese films and have been extremely impressed with them. I definitely need to put this one on my netflix queue!

Chandana said...

hmmm.. my dad is a fan of all such martial arts movies... I watch only Jackie Chan movies.. that too for the comedy..!

i've heard about this movie many times but never seen it.. maybe i should try it out! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...