Tuesday 17 May 2011

OK..........GUILTY......CAN'T REMEMBER NAMES!!!!

Well, am a bit of a ghajini, as far as remembering a person's name is concerned. I can remember everything about them, but I forget names and ONLY names. Its the same with my dad too. He will remember every single detail like where the person is from, his job, when he met him........except for the NAME!!!!

To be honest, its really embarrassing.......its not like how some people forget another person's name if they have met only for a single time or haven't met each other at all for several years alltogether.Its not the case. I first noticed this problem of mine when I was studying in school, when I would come back after my summer vacation(2 months leave) and I would have trouble remembering my classmate's names!!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT exaggerating! I couldn't tell them that, so I would just get near them and chat and take up their new & fresh notebooks and textbooks(they are sure to write their names there!!!) and find it out that way!


This happens to me even now, wonder why, maybe that part of my brain is not developed, or maybe its in the "genes"(oh by the way thanks dad!!! lol)

So, next time, my dear long lost friends(if at all you ever read this.......am not deliberately forgetting your name).Its a bloody brain handicap!!!!

so when you meet me please go like this



and plz do reintroduce.......remember I am Aamir in Ghajini reincarnated :D

So, thats for now.....till next time......oh by the way what was I blabbering about........*going blank* ...........

9 comments:

Natasha said...

lol! I have this problem too but I remember the letter their names start with..weird huh!!.So smtimes I juts randomly come up wth a name tht starts wth tht alphabet and end up saying the wrong name, which is even more embarassing..:p

Gowthami Nandigala said...

ha ha...it happens with some people..
btw my name is Gowthami!
May I know ur's pls...

Hey I read this in some book..It says..like..If u relate actions or appearance with their name in some way..u can remember their names well..!Donno whether it works or not!

Gowthami Nandigala said...

but u r so intelligent that u managed this and found their names on books..

wish to listen ur words on my post..
http://myblogmyviews-gowthami.blogspot.com/2011/05/55fictionnum-9.html

Gowthami.(hmm I wish to mention u by ur name...so next time I think I would be seeing it in ma blog)

Chandana said...

Am the opposite! I remember every name and face.. My best friend is like you and i have an amazing time teasing her.. :P One time we were eating out and some long lost school friend came over and greeted us.. i knew my friend had no clue who she was and i just kept quiet and watched her fumble and finally whispered the name to her!!! she hates it when i do that (obviously!)

"oh by the way what was I blabbering about........*going blank* ..........." LOL!!!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I am the exact same way!! It was especially hard when I was a reporter. I remembered every detail about the person so accurately, but I would have to look in my notebook to find their name again. LOL! Funny how the mind works...

Karishma said...

hehe.. happens to everyone at times..

prathima gangadhar said...

well in my case I happen to have the full to details of the person but I forget their appearance..and end up addressing wrong person in times and some time gets really awkward for me.
nice blog work :)in b/w check out mine,Visiting you with smile.
http://prathi-says.blogspot.com

Prudhvi said...

read almost all yur blogs
luvd it:D
check my blogs and do leave yur comment...
http://prudhvijoshi.blogspot.com/

Gowthami Nandigala said...

Hi Anju...

How u?busy these days..?

guess..a surprise is waiting for u...

visit ma blog here
http://myblogmyviews-gowthami.blogspot.com/2011/05/first.html

Smile,
Gowthami

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...