Tuesday 26 July 2011

I WAS DUPED!

Well.....am not a Narcissistic personality(or so I think).....but definitely its nice to know when someone tells you that they look up to you or you inspire them......blah blah blah......you get the drift right? We all know when someone is trying to butter you up.....but is anyone that clever ever not to fall for "flattery"........I do know now that am prone to it!



This happened very recently. I got a comment in my other blog from a fellow blogger and at first glance I even thought of it as spam. This person has commented as to how inspired she was with my blog and that she really loves it a lot and to top it off claimed that I was the "inspiration" for her to start her own blog! Whoa....that was enough to send me "to the moon and back" :D. I was actually really touched, I visited her blog and I saw that it is in fact quite nice and all it needed was a bit sprucing up......So, me acting out as the "mentor" gave some pointers and gave her some genuine advice as she had touched the "Frasier" in me( I hope all you guys know Frasier, the pompous lovable psychiatrist that stole our hearts with his adorable show).

Anyway, I even told about this incident to some of my friends( I was actually very proud of myself) and went on blabbing as to how great it is to have touched someone like this and all that B***S***. Here I was tripping all over myself and looking at the blue skies.........ahhhhh somethings are not meant to last right? Today I found that this particular "blogger friend" of mine has used the same words and commented to a number of other bloggers that I know!!!! so much for my inflated ego.....








I am not angry with this other person for doing like this....maybe she has her own reasons and  maybe she really did get "inspired"( am beginning to hate the word lol) from all those other bloggers too. Just then I understood that flattery said at the right time does get people anywhere and everywhere!!!! I was a bit embarassed to have thought that I had somehow reached atleast a bit of "celebrity status" in the blogger world.......ahhhhhh well.........who am I kidding.....anyway waiting for the next set of flattery filled  comments, this time I WON'T GET PUNK'D ......or so I hope :D.......so long guys and by the way feel free to leave sugary sweet comments below this post, my deflated ego does need a little boost :)

8 comments:

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

anju.....its natural to be flattered like this...i know i would be too...love ur mug waala pic..:)

Rentu said...

hey koche, u know wat offlate i prefer your this blog over your makeup blog, i can identify with a whole lot of things out here :P

Poohkie said...

Don't worry about it Anju. Last year I got a comment from a blogger saying that she saw my blog & noticed that we had a lot in common & that I should check out her blog. When I actually saw her blog I noticed that we had nothing in common. Then I noticed that she had posted the exact same message on several other blogs. Needless to say, I didn't 'follow' her & she never commented on my blog again.

I had also seen this lady's comment on several blogs. I think some newbie bloggers want to increase their reader base & think that posting the same comment on established blogs will help. Hopefully they'll realise at some point that only sincere comments and actual interaction will get other bloggers to read their blog.

Shilpi said...

It happens in blogging world.. so stop worrying..n keep feeding us with ur sweet and salty posts and incidents... :)

lifeontherocks said...

@shivani:-hee hee I love the pic too :D

@rentu:-kochu speaking,thanks so much...I always wanted to start a blog like this more than the makeup one....but the other one happened first...but am happy now that I can write about "my views" in here.

@poohkie:- thank god! its nice to know that several other people faced it too :D, I was feeling like a dork after I found out the truth :)

Natasha said...

I love your blog and I mean it in the most sincere way :p I love your makeup blog too but like your other commenter said I LOVE reading this blog of yours..Keep at it..And don't worry....I am sure there are many bloggers around who would do anything to increase their 'followers' :)

Segments of Life said...

maybe that person has multiple inspirations?? you shouldn't get down about this, this doesn't change how great your blogs are.

Anonymous said...

Aww I wouldn't get too upset. People get inspiration from loads of places. We all have blogs that we love for different reasons. I guess the fact that the exact same thing was written to others makes it feel less special for you but it's not! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...