Thursday 15 September 2011

ONAM

I couldn't blog for the past one week as I was at my hubby's place celebrating Onam, the kerala festival. It was just so much of fun as all the family members were around and it felt even more great as it was festival time!

Every day we would put new "athapookkalams"(flower beds or carpets....if I may translate so in english). As my husband is from the northern part of kerala, their traditions for Onam totally differs from mine, so it was like discovering new stuff all together.















the different "pookkalams" that we arranged






The biggest one was made on the last day and it took sooooo much of time but it was worth it :)



My cute nephew(on the left), isn't he the cutest........

Hope all of my Kerala friends had a great Onam. Take care and see you.......

7 comments:

Rentu said...

happy onam dear

Chandana said...

wow.. the big one looks amazing! I know.. it takes so much time but its worth it :) Looks beautiful!

Natasha said...

It looks beautiful!! :) And your nephew is a cutie :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

It looks like a beautiful holiday! I love these photos. :)

DocPriya said...

woow.. it looks beautiful.. its like a flower rangoli.. inspired by you.. will be making the same at our clinics opening.. thanks for giving me the idea..!!!

lifeontherocks said...

@docpriya:-thats so sweet of u. Hope u make a great flower rangoli :)

Jen..The Butterfly Effect said...

Lovely pookalams!! :) I simply love everything to do with marigold!! :) They are just so yellow and gorgeous right!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...